The Church of the ascension in Kolomenskoye ( [show location on an interactive map] 55°40’02” N. lat. 37°40’15” e / 55.667222° n 37.670833° E. (G)55.667222, 37.670833) — one of the first stone tent churches in Russia.
Kolomenskoye, built in 1529-1532 years in the (presumably Italian architect petrocom Small) on the right Bank of the Moscow river. Churchwarden of the temple of the great Prince of Moscow Vasily III. Perhaps the temple was erected in honor of the birth of the son of the great Prince, the future Tsar Ivan the terrible.
“The brief chronicler of the Russian land” (XVI century) under the year 1532 says: “the Prince Vasilej the great built the Church of the Kamen Vnesenie of our Lord Jesus Christ up on the wooden thing.” Until investigations kavelmahera in the 1990-ies showed an earlier date of Trinity Church in Alexandrov Sloboda (1510-ies), the Church of the ascension was considered to be the first stone Church marquee in Russia. Continue reading
In the past two years by an expedition of the Chelyabinsk scientific center, there were works on the study of megalithic structures found near lake Turgoyak, North of Miass, Chelyabinsk region. In 2003, the island was visited by the expedition of S. A. Grigorieva, N. M. Menshenina and M. S. Arkanov, which made the conclusion about the antiquity of this monument and made his initial description and documentation . In the summer and autumn of 2004 on the island worked expedition of the Chelyabinsk scientific center of UB RAS under the guidance of the authors of this article. In this paper we will not dwell on the description of detected objects given in the above
The field season of 2004 was made on the largest megalithic structure No. 1. This work made significant changes in our ideas about this monument, formed on the basis of the previous studies. So it was assumed that recorded in the southern part of the deepening and associated Windows have been made by believers in the reuse of the monument . However, the discovery of the wall in one of the indentations suggested that indentations are the result of the collapse of the floors, and there are cameras that collapsed in antiquity. Accordingly, it is possible that recorded in the southern part of the mound the Windows also belong to the original design. Continue reading
The facade of Notre Dame de Paris with its clear horizontal and vertical articulation, as would be hard-embedded in the dense wall of portals, magnificent rose and as if grown from the body structures of monumental towers is a perfect product of a well-established style.
In the temple are three entrances, the portal, leaving framed in the depth of the arches; above them are niches with statues — the so-called “Royal gallery”. the biblical images of kings and French kings, which they identified with the characters of the old Testament. The centre of the Western facade is decorated with window-rose, and above the side portals stretched up Windows under pointed arches. On the towers of the Cathedral are sculptures of fantastic monsters — the chimeras. In Notre-Dame de Paris combines the features of Romanesque and Gothic styles. Massive towers of the facade are characteristic of Romanesque architecture, while the cross vault resting on arches, the use of flying buttresses, flying buttresses, pointed arches and multiple Windows — the features characteristic of Gothic art. The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris responded to the increased political importance of the city Continue reading