Surely most people on the question of which object in England is the most mysterious, definite answer: “Stonehenge”. And all unmistakably recognize him in photos, even if you have never been to Britain. Indeed, this giant circle of huge standing stones impresses modern people.
But that is not the answer to the basic question — who and for what purpose built this megalithic object.
Someone sees it as an ancient sanctuary to the unknown gods, someone ancient Observatory, and some sort of stone computer. But none of these hypotheses is able to answer many controposto, the main of which can be formulated as: “Why for its construction had to drag for 400 kilometers of stone blocks weighing tens of tons from Ireland from the mountains of Preseli, where only and occur used for the construction of the Stonehenge rocks?” Maybe we just do not realize about the true purpose of this historical monument? Continue reading
The Church of the ascension in Kolomenskoye ( [show location on an interactive map] 55°40’02” N. lat. 37°40’15” e / 55.667222° n 37.670833° E. (G)55.667222, 37.670833) — one of the first stone tent churches in Russia.
Kolomenskoye, built in 1529-1532 years in the (presumably Italian architect petrocom Small) on the right Bank of the Moscow river. Churchwarden of the temple of the great Prince of Moscow Vasily III. Perhaps the temple was erected in honor of the birth of the son of the great Prince, the future Tsar Ivan the terrible.
“The brief chronicler of the Russian land” (XVI century) under the year 1532 says: “the Prince Vasilej the great built the Church of the Kamen Vnesenie of our Lord Jesus Christ up on the wooden thing.” Until investigations kavelmahera in the 1990-ies showed an earlier date of Trinity Church in Alexandrov Sloboda (1510-ies), the Church of the ascension was considered to be the first stone Church marquee in Russia. Continue reading
The megalithic complex was investigated in 1994 by an expedition of the Gorno-Altai state University under the leadership of V. I. Soenov. The facility is located in the Chui steppe 20 km to the South-West of the village of Kosh-Agach road from Kosh-Agach – Jazz-Thor 2 km North-West of R. Tarhata.
The tarhatinsky megalithic complex consists of stacked in a circle of stones, rounded boulders and stone formations of varying size from 0.5 m to 6 m in diameter. The largest blocks of size 6x5x4 m. the Inner diameter of the building is 60 m.
On the rocks facilities include petroglyph composition. In the course of their study, it was determined that the facility was constructed in the bronze age, or at least no later than the late bronze age.
The process of construction of object is not clear enough and therefore, given that the nearest exit of bedrock is located 12 km North-West of the megalithic complex, one can propose two hypotheses: 1. All the rocks brought by a glacier, then arranged the people according to the plan (or only the big rocks brought by the glacier, and smaller – brought by the people during construction), 2. All the stones were brought by people. Continue reading