STAINED glass — painting or ornamental composition, made of colored glass (or other light transmissive material), glass painted window, door, in the form of individual panels.
This is a special kind of decorative art, acquiring huge expressiveness in combination with other fine arts, especially architecture.
In fact, stained glass is a mosaic: pieces of colored glass of various shapes and textures, United in various ways, create an expressive composition. Stained glass as a versatile piece of decor is easy and elegant fit into the interior of virtually any style, from solemn classical to the laconic minimalism. Stained glass can make a bright and decisive emphasis to the color ensemble of the interior. Sunlight through stained glass, creates an amazing effect, the unique play of light, which never tire.
The glass surface can be gladkoi or ofakturennogo. Stained glass, usually used for filling window and door openings, skylights and niches, is a special kind of monumental and decorative art and is closely linked to the architecture of the building and interior. Continue reading
The Church of the ascension in Kolomenskoye ( [show location on an interactive map] 55°40’02” N. lat. 37°40’15” e / 55.667222° n 37.670833° E. (G)55.667222, 37.670833) — one of the first stone tent churches in Russia.
Kolomenskoye, built in 1529-1532 years in the (presumably Italian architect petrocom Small) on the right Bank of the Moscow river. Churchwarden of the temple of the great Prince of Moscow Vasily III. Perhaps the temple was erected in honor of the birth of the son of the great Prince, the future Tsar Ivan the terrible.
“The brief chronicler of the Russian land” (XVI century) under the year 1532 says: “the Prince Vasilej the great built the Church of the Kamen Vnesenie of our Lord Jesus Christ up on the wooden thing.” Until investigations kavelmahera in the 1990-ies showed an earlier date of Trinity Church in Alexandrov Sloboda (1510-ies), the Church of the ascension was considered to be the first stone Church marquee in Russia. Continue reading
The Republic Square is just couple of minutes walk away, there are the famous Powder tower, Municipal house and the largest shopping centres “palladium” and “Kotva”.
Powder gate – the gate stood already in the 13th century, it was one of 13 entrances to the Old city. In 1475 the cornerstone of the new tower was laid by king Vladislav Jagiellonian. Gate as a gift from the city authorities, in honor of the coronation was erected by the eminent architect Matej Rejsek on the model of the old town bridge tower built a century earlier by the famous architect Peter Phalerum. The priority was not the guard gate features, and a refined decoration of the facade as a relief of worthy additions to the architecture of the neighboring Royal court. After 8 years, when the king was forced to flee the city, up in arms, the construction was suspended. After returning to Prague, the king settled for more security at Prague castle. Its current name it received in the 17th century, when it served as a gunpowder warehouse. Sculpture, badly damaged during the Prussian occupation of Prague in 1757, and in most suspended, were restored during the reconstruction of the gate in 1876. Continue reading