Sacred places are unique architectural structures, most of which for centuries not only take believers and religious people, but tens of thousands of tourists. Temples are structures present in almost every city of the world and each of them deserves special attention. However, some just shake their beauty and architecture.
The Catholic Cathedral of St. Peter, Vatican
To replacee religious structure, is the center of Christianity worldwide. The building, the total height of 136 meters, covers an area of more than 2 hectares, and at the same time can accommodate about 60 thousand people. On the territory of modern St. Peter’s Basilica in 324 ad, the first Roman Emperor the Church was built.
The current Church served 1,200 years until it was converted into a large Cathedral, which seemed the present. In the construction and alteration of the Church in the Cathedral was attended by the famous personalities of the era: Bramante Donato, J. Lorenzo Bernini and Michelangelo. Continue reading
The Republic Square is just couple of minutes walk away, there are the famous Powder tower, Municipal house and the largest shopping centres “palladium” and “Kotva”.
Powder gate – the gate stood already in the 13th century, it was one of 13 entrances to the Old city. In 1475 the cornerstone of the new tower was laid by king Vladislav Jagiellonian. Gate as a gift from the city authorities, in honor of the coronation was erected by the eminent architect Matej Rejsek on the model of the old town bridge tower built a century earlier by the famous architect Peter Phalerum. The priority was not the guard gate features, and a refined decoration of the facade as a relief of worthy additions to the architecture of the neighboring Royal court. After 8 years, when the king was forced to flee the city, up in arms, the construction was suspended. After returning to Prague, the king settled for more security at Prague castle. Its current name it received in the 17th century, when it served as a gunpowder warehouse. Sculpture, badly damaged during the Prussian occupation of Prague in 1757, and in most suspended, were restored during the reconstruction of the gate in 1876. Continue reading
The megalithic complex was investigated in 1994 by an expedition of the Gorno-Altai state University under the leadership of V. I. Soenov. The facility is located in the Chui steppe 20 km to the South-West of the village of Kosh-Agach road from Kosh-Agach – Jazz-Thor 2 km North-West of R. Tarhata.
The tarhatinsky megalithic complex consists of stacked in a circle of stones, rounded boulders and stone formations of varying size from 0.5 m to 6 m in diameter. The largest blocks of size 6x5x4 m. the Inner diameter of the building is 60 m.
On the rocks facilities include petroglyph composition. In the course of their study, it was determined that the facility was constructed in the bronze age, or at least no later than the late bronze age.
The process of construction of object is not clear enough and therefore, given that the nearest exit of bedrock is located 12 km North-West of the megalithic complex, one can propose two hypotheses: 1. All the rocks brought by a glacier, then arranged the people according to the plan (or only the big rocks brought by the glacier, and smaller – brought by the people during construction), 2. All the stones were brought by people. Continue reading