The Church of the ascension in Kolomenskoye ( [show location on an interactive map] 55°40’02” N. lat. 37°40’15” e / 55.667222° n 37.670833° E. (G)55.667222, 37.670833) — one of the first stone tent churches in Russia.
Kolomenskoye, built in 1529-1532 years in the (presumably Italian architect petrocom Small) on the right Bank of the Moscow river. Churchwarden of the temple of the great Prince of Moscow Vasily III. Perhaps the temple was erected in honor of the birth of the son of the great Prince, the future Tsar Ivan the terrible.
“The brief chronicler of the Russian land” (XVI century) under the year 1532 says: “the Prince Vasilej the great built the Church of the Kamen Vnesenie of our Lord Jesus Christ up on the wooden thing.” Until investigations kavelmahera in the 1990-ies showed an earlier date of Trinity Church in Alexandrov Sloboda (1510-ies), the Church of the ascension was considered to be the first stone Church marquee in Russia. Continue reading
Sacred places are unique architectural structures, most of which for centuries not only take believers and religious people, but tens of thousands of tourists. Temples are structures present in almost every city of the world and each of them deserves special attention. However, some just shake their beauty and architecture.
The Catholic Cathedral of St. Peter, Vatican
To replacee religious structure, is the center of Christianity worldwide. The building, the total height of 136 meters, covers an area of more than 2 hectares, and at the same time can accommodate about 60 thousand people. On the territory of modern St. Peter’s Basilica in 324 ad, the first Roman Emperor the Church was built.
The current Church served 1,200 years until it was converted into a large Cathedral, which seemed the present. In the construction and alteration of the Church in the Cathedral was attended by the famous personalities of the era: Bramante Donato, J. Lorenzo Bernini and Michelangelo. Continue reading
The Republic Square is just couple of minutes walk away, there are the famous Powder tower, Municipal house and the largest shopping centres “palladium” and “Kotva”.
Powder gate – the gate stood already in the 13th century, it was one of 13 entrances to the Old city. In 1475 the cornerstone of the new tower was laid by king Vladislav Jagiellonian. Gate as a gift from the city authorities, in honor of the coronation was erected by the eminent architect Matej Rejsek on the model of the old town bridge tower built a century earlier by the famous architect Peter Phalerum. The priority was not the guard gate features, and a refined decoration of the facade as a relief of worthy additions to the architecture of the neighboring Royal court. After 8 years, when the king was forced to flee the city, up in arms, the construction was suspended. After returning to Prague, the king settled for more security at Prague castle. Its current name it received in the 17th century, when it served as a gunpowder warehouse. Sculpture, badly damaged during the Prussian occupation of Prague in 1757, and in most suspended, were restored during the reconstruction of the gate in 1876. Continue reading